Pattern For An Egli Gas Tank

CarlHungness

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
A while back I saw a photo listed either here of on the Facebook VOC page of a gorgeous Egli with a polished
aluminum fuel tank, at least. The bike had some other master-craftsman aluminum work on it as well. So the short
story is I'm seeking a pattern for an Egli gas tank. I've just begun my new discipline of becoming a panel beater,
one who can shrink, stretch, bend, fold, weld aluminum. I see the craft of panel beating, coach-building has made
quite a resurgence in the past decade as we now see bodies being re-created of the world's most complex shapes.
The UK is home to some of the best in the world, (y'all own the name of the English Wheel) while craftsmen around
the globe are turning out magnificent work.
Back in the day, as it were, it took right at five years to become a journeyman machinist and if one wanted to be
a panel beater another two years was required. I spent a couple of years as an apprentice violin-maker and turned
out two extremely acceptable instruments. I just started my journey of oxy-acetylene gas welding on aluminum and
have thus far blown some holes you can put two thumbs through. I've joined a couple of the premier metal shapers
groups and am getting advice from hither and yon. Once I get the oxy welding down I'll move on to TIG, and have
to have a goal. Thus my first goal will be the Egli tank (after making a shoe-box or two) so thought I'd ask the group
if anyone knows a panel beater who might share some pattern information.