Neil Videan

Howard

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I've read somewhere that Neil Videan (I think that's the name) makes a set of sealing washers for Vin engines.

Has anybody got any experience of them? Are they worth buying? Where can I get them?

H

bmetcalf

VOC Member

BlackLightning998

VOC Member
Howard,

I have a full set of the seals on my bike and have been very pleased with them so far after around 4000 miles.

They are regularly advertised in MPH.

Vince Farrell in Yorkshire is, I think, the UK agent for Neil - you can usually get what you need from Vince and you can contact him either by the details in the front of MPH or via this Forum I guess.

I had one fail and Vince was good enough to replace it straight away free of charge.

Good luck.

Regards

Howard

VOC Member
Thanks all. I went straight to an ad in the first MPH I picked up. I'd noticed the clutch, but never looked close enough to see what the washers were.

They look expensive for washers, but I suppose you get what you pay for, and drive cleaner isn't cheap.

H

Albervin

VOC Member
Thanks all. I went straight to an ad in the first MPH I picked up. I'd noticed the clutch, but never looked close enough to see what the washers were.

They look expensive for washers, but I suppose you get what you pay for, and drive cleaner isn't cheap.

H
You are paying for convenience & ease of fit. If you were a knowledgeable hydraulic engineer ( As I am not) then you may be able to order via part numbers. This way I reduced the leakage &
seepage by 90% so saving a lot of time cleaning the bike!!! Along with the clutch, spanners & tappet adjusters they are just another way of reducing regular down time.
Oh, by the way, it is NEAL not Neil. As an Alyn I am sensitive to name spelling.:eek:

Last edited:

Howard

VOC Member
You are paying for convenience & ease of fit. If you were a knowledgeable hydraulic engineer ( As I am not) then you may be able to order via part numbers. This way I reduced the leakage &
seepage by 90% so saving a lot of time cleaning the bike!!! Along with the clutch, spanners & tappet adjusters they are just another way of reducing regular down time.
Oh, by the way, it is NEAL not Neil. As an Alyn I am sensitive to name spelling.:eek:

Sorry Alyn, only seen Neal spelt that way as a surname before.

I recently got a rollicking from a Welshman named Alyn because I kept getting his email address wrong he spelt his name A L U N and pronounced it A L Y N ........... I'm English FGS if it ain't spelt the easy way, I've got no chance.

H

Albervin

VOC Member
AAAHHHH. My name should be ALUN but my mother decided the English would have no idea so wrote it as Alyn. Now I get Alwyn & booked in as Ms or Mrs if I don't declare sex!
Just remember that "y" is pronounced "yr" & "u" is "i" as in inn.... Contrary to popular belief there are vowels in Welsh!

Howard

VOC Member
AAAHHHH. My name should be ALUN but my mother decided the English would have no idea so wrote it as Alyn. Now I get Alwyn & booked in as Ms or Mrs if I don't declare sex!
Just remember that "y" is pronounced "yr" & "u" is "i" as in inn.... Contrary to popular belief there are vowels in Welsh!

Smart woman, your mother.

H