MPH Binders...

G

Graham Smith

"a decent index would be good."

According to a very reliable source, a "decent index" has already been prepared in digital format for easy searching on a computer.

It just requires authorisation to make it available to rank and file.

Do not hold your breath waiting for that.

Non-member.

Diogenes

Unfortunately, you're wrong on most points...

According to a very reliable source, a "decent index" has already been prepared in digital format for easy searching on a computer.
Yes, a digital index has been prepared (many, many months ago), however, it has been available (for Club Members) for a long time (via a website rather than a standalone document).

It just requires authorisation to make it available to rank and file.
It doesn't require authorisation to make it available to rank and file, all that's required is for you to be a VOC Member. Non Members don't get access to it.

Do not hold your breath waiting for that.
You may now breath easier.

Graham

Last edited by a moderator:

Shanghai

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Diogenes

Yes, a digital index has been prepared (many, many months ago), however, it has been available (for Club Members) for a long time (via a website rather than a standalone document).

It doesn't require authorisation to make it available to rank and file, all that's required is for you to be a VOC Member. Non Members don't get access to it.

Graham

Graham, how does a member access the "digital index"?

John Kinley

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
MPH binders

Mine are currently around 75mm wide and I have just got 2 years worth into one. The old ones were 80mm wide and finished up being a wedge shape, so my vote goes for a 2 year binder 80mm wide

Tom Gaynor

VOC Member
Because I bought binders, I keep mine. Otherwise they'd slowly disappear under a pile of books until they went to wherever my unfiled magazines go. Landfill, probably.
If I didn't already have one, I'd pay extra for a dental pick bought from Boots that allows me to hook out the next strand of the endless nylon string and fit a copy in inside a minute. This has deprived my neighbours, once a month, of an hour of profanity that would make a stoker blush, but has brought my blood pressure down 30 points.
I was impressed more than I was prepared to reveal by a member who shall remain nameless, who has had his issues bound BY A BOOKBINDER. Hardback MPH! Cool as a short word with one vowel!
Envy is such an ugly thing, don't you think?

vibrac

VOC Member
Your right Tom I love my old MPH but I am dammed if I can do more than add them to the growing pile in my 'office' my life is represented by an 1/8" every month I know I shan't see it reach the ceiling and I still have a mountain of bikes to build ride and keep running-binders are a bind

Diogenes

Non-VOC Member
MPH Binders ... or 'Much Binding in the Marsh'

Diogenes

Graham

I do offer a Jeremy Clarkson style apology for my error.

'According to a very reliable source, a "decent index" has already been prepared in digital format for easy searching on a computer.
It just requires authorisation to make it available to rank and file.'
I wrote the above because it seems clear that there are members [ and non-members! ] who are not aware of the existence of the index, nor how to access it.

Thanks for showing how that can be accessed, via the web site:
"You need to visit www.voc.uk.com and click on the 'Membership' tab, then enter your membership number etc."

The VOC Spares Company Limited

VOC Member
In true democratic response to the almost equal vote in the size poll, we now have both sizes of MPH Binders in stock.

RP14 - 45mm wide has 13 cords so holds 12 copies and a spare for Rule book or Riders list etc
RP14/2 - 90mm wide has 26 cords so holds 24 copies and 2 spares