Morning Ride

Monkeypants

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Apologies for the blurry quality of the video. That occured in the transfer to YouTube. It's crystal clear when I play the video directly from device onto Computer screen. Perhaps I need to upgrade my YouTube membership.
Also the flashing speedo doesn't flash in real life. That is something the camera did.
Whenever possible to save my knee, I do startup on Dan's roller starter.
Nothing exciting in this video, but the sound is ok, although much reduced from the true sound.

Monkeypants

Non-VOC Member
And here is about ten seconds of roll on to 6500 and 127 mph in 3rd. I know Greg figures big Vins are docile, but I still find it rather intimidating!:)
You can see it starts to get away from me a bit in first. Backing off seems the prudent choice.

Last edited:

Alyson

VOC Member
I concur. Wear gloves. They are part of the over all protection plan. Think about it. If you were shoved to the ground while standing, what's the first thing you are going to do ? Yup. Put your hands out to stop you from hitting the ground, or even just slow the impact. Your hands are pretty important. You will need them to text everyone that you wiped you bike out, but now you can't because your hands are bloody and the skin is not there. Shit. Now what you gonna do ? Think about flying along at 70 mph and you're suddenly falling to the ground. Yup. Thanks God for hands. Hopefully this time we will be able to come and help because you were able to text once you took your gloves off. Readers Digest version: Wear Gloves !! You can even tell them I told you too ;)

Michael Vane-Hunt

VOC Member
Glen is playing around with one of his latest mid-life crises toys. Surprised he is wearing a helmet. At least he has his loafers on no sissy riding boots for Glen.