Misc: Ignition Magneto Cam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronnie

Active Forum User
VOC Member
Desperately seeking help, I'm finally getting close to my Comet rebuild, and just discovered my magneto has no cam ring in it, I've so far not been able to find one, so just wondered if anyone knows where I might be able to get one from, I believe the original Lucas part number is 456622, many thanks

Attachments

• 20210127_073222.jpg
    20210127_073222.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 16

b'knighted

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
If you are stuck you can use the mag to spin a Thorspark coil setup which I believe replaces Cam & Points.

Peter Holmes

VOC Member
Desperately seeking help, I'm finally getting close to my Comet rebuild, and just discovered my magneto has no cam ring in it, I've so far not been able to find one, so just wondered if anyone knows where I might be able to get one from, I believe the original Lucas part number is 456622, many thanks
Have you tried "Rutland Dynamos and Magnetos" I am not stating that they do supply them, but their website suggests that they might.
Good Luck Peter

Chris Launders

VOC Member

I have some single cylinder cam rings, probably from MSL magnetos but I will have a look anyway, it should be possible for me to alter the cutaway to suit a K1F, the slot needs to match the number 1 cam on a twin one and I have one of those to check with.
I take it you want an auto one not a manual adv/ret.

Chris.

Ronnie

Active Forum User
VOC Member
Have you tried "Rutland Dynamos and Magnetos" I am not stating that they do supply them, but their website suggests that they might.
Good Luck Peter
Thanks Peter, I've got them on my list of helpful websites, but forgot to look at them

Status
Not open for further replies.