Misc: Ignition lucas kvftt

hrdaustria

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
hello friends,
can you help with infos about that lucas kvftt 42201a 5-53 magneto? got it with an egli project and mentioned to be fully restored.
thanks michi

Attachments

• DSC_0168.JPG
    DSC_0168.JPG
    203 KB · Views: 56

royrobertson

VOC Member
Hi Michi, just a Warning. The large gear on the lovely magneto looks like it might be Nylon. These can grow in use, get tight and shred pieces into the oil, blocking the oilways causing Catastrophic damage. It happened to my racer.
roy the racer

hrdaustria

VOC Member
Hi Michi, just a Warning. The large gear on the lovely magneto looks like it might be Nylon. These can grow in use, get tight and shred pieces into the oil, blocking the oilways causing Catastrophic damage. It happened to my racer.
roy the racer
hello roy, thanks for the warning!

peter, where is the win?

greg brillus

VOC Member
Don't get too excited........only really useful if you actually own a Lightning, and near every one of those sits in some private collecting doing nothing these days........Anyone actually still racing a Vincent in anger will be unlikely to use one in favor of modern better electronic ignition systems.......Still....... a nice magneto and worth a few dollars to the right person.

Peter Holmes

VOC Member
hello roy, thanks for the warning!

peter, where is the win?
Most Vincent owners would like to own a genuine one, not many of us ever will, you do own one, I/we are envious of your acquisition, you have won the lottery, it is just an expression.

Cheers Peter

Cyborg

VOC Member
It certainly looks like the real thing, but that doesn’t necessarily mean it is.
If it’s magnesium then it’s a safe bet that it’s original. If it’s aluminum, then there is a slight possibility it could be a copy.