E: Engine large idler oil feed

fogrider

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
It's not cast steel, just plain, soft, mild steel, but very well machined. As for the source, well, I suppose it's a long time ago and people/things have changed :
British Aerospace, Brough, East Yorks. ( now B.A. Systems ). Anyone with a contact at Brough could get all sorts made, just give someone on night shift a drawing with dimensions and they could make anything to great accuracy. Famous tales include titanium conrods for a Cooper S and a tungsten chess set. In the seventies, a neighbour made me various special parts for my rally car . He once said, if a Buccaneer cost £17 million, £16 million is for guvvy jobs, one for the plane !
Knowing the background of the bike and being familiar with Broughs' work, the source is pretty clear to me !
That all stopped when proper controls were put in place for access to materials, although I once went in through the security gate on an official visit, and took an item in for special machining. As I left, the security guy said " that's a first, a full bag going in and an empty bag going out ! "