News Lack of Forum Website this Morning

G

Graham Smith

Apologies for the lack of forum website early this morning.

Overnight our domain’s security certificate was scheduled to update (as it does every month), but something went wrong and it didn't complete. Unfortunately, this isn't the first time this has happened. I think it last happened two or three years ago.

This security certificate is the 'thing' that puts a padlock in front of our domain name so you know you're always on the right site, and it's why our website starts https:// - the 'S' is the important 'thing'.

Additionally, I'm aware that our forum website is running slower than usual, and I'm trying to get to the bottom of that, but for the moment, I just want to get things back to some form of normality before I alter anything.

Thanks for your understanding.

Cyborg

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Things seem very slow this morning. The lovely bride who has much more patience and knows the meaning of diplomacy is going to contact the ISP.

I know I’m digitally challenged and slightly paranoid …..but wondering… does this forum feed through the new and improved operating system? Maybe it’s being restricted somehow…. someone has their foot on its throat?

timetraveller

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I was going to write that is seems normal here in the UK but it just took a long time to download this link and an hour or two ago something went wrong when a reference to a two year old thread on altering the steering head angle suddenly became corrupted.

Last edited: