F: Frame Ikon Rear Shock

Marcus Bowden

VOC Hon. Overseas Representative
VOC Member
If they are rebuild-able they most surly be adjustable with things like orifices in them. Have you stripped yours yet Peter my handsome?
bananaman.

Albervin

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Ikon can set it up to your own preferences regarding damping so I guess you can also change the rates yourself if you know what you are doing.

davidd

VOC Member
I am not an Ikon expert, but I think that their adjustable shocks start at $600 USD. If you are not spending that much per damper I would guess that it is not adjustable. (They say in the ad above through the link That the Vincent damper is non- adjustable.) There is a thumb-wheel just below the top mounting hole as part of the spring collar that has a dial marked "1-4".

They talk about separate rebound damping, but I have never seen this. When you turn the thumb-wheel to 4 it gets equally stiff in compression and rebound. The 3610 shock is gas pressurized and has an adjuster. The 7614 is an aluminum racing shock that should have the same features and maybe more. Terry Prince had Ikon design a 3610 for his billet frame.

David

greg brillus

VOC Member
I found the icon shocks for Vincent's are non adjustable, they are both the same front and rear. They appear quite well made, but the top mount is a piece of flat bar that is welded to the top hat mount. I found I had to grind part of the weld away to give clearance so it could be installed, and the one I had the vertical part was cock eyed.......Looked like an apprentice had made it .........I was less than impressed after that.

vincenttwin

VOC Member
The ikon 76-1239 is a very faithful copy of the 1950’s vincent shocks ; not adjustable but rebuildable .
We will have one as a Raffle prize at the North American Vincent rally at Kerrville TX May 1-5th . Come and win it list on it is $185.00

vincenttwin

VOC Member
I am not an Ikon expert, but I think that their adjustable shocks start at $600 USD. If you are not spending that much per damper I would guess that it is not adjustable. (They say in the ad above through the link That the Vincent damper is non- adjustable.) There is a thumb-wheel just below the top mounting hole as part of the spring collar that has a dial marked "1-4".

They talk about separate rebound damping, but I have never seen this. When you turn the thumb-wheel to 4 it gets equally stiff in compression and rebound. The 3610 shock is gas pressurized and has an adjuster. The 7614 is an aluminum racing shock that should have the same features and maybe more. Terry Prince had Ikon design a 3610 for his billet frame.

David
David , this shock does not have a thumb wheel and is not adjusable , just rebuildable.
Peter

vincenttwin

VOC Member
I found the icon shocks for Vincent's are non adjustable, they are both the same front and rear. They appear quite well made, but the top mount is a piece of flat bar that is welded to the top hat mount. I found I had to grind part of the weld away to give clearance so it could be installed, and the one I had the vertical part was cock eyed.......Looked like an apprentice had made it .........I was less than impressed after that.
Yep just like the 1950’s ones so it will pass well at the concourse .