hubs

metal bits

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
does anybody know the over all length of the rear hub on a black shadow plus the distance
between the flanges and how many holes in each flange

david bowen

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
over all length 8. 7/16 inches just measure between your rear fork blades, inside distance between the flanges 3 3/16 inches 10 holes on black shadow rear 5 on front

david bowen

Non-VOC Member
distance to out side of flanges 3 13/16 inches flange thickness 5/16 had to take the drums of my rear hub to get this reading I am not building the wheel till next week so you are lucky

A_HRD

VOC Member
David is, I am sure, right about what he has measured, but I'm not sure the question was fully answered. I have a new rear hub on the bench and the overall length is 6-19/64ths. The distance between the 8mm thick flanges is 3.250 inches exactly.

HTH,

Peter B
Bristol, UK.

Vic Youel

Non-VOC Member
David is, I am sure, right about what he has measured, but I'm not sure the question was fully answered. I have a new rear hub on the bench and the overall length is 6-19/64ths. The distance between the 8mm thick flanges is 3.250 inches exactly.

HTH,

My measurement with a 69 year old mark one eyeball confirms this on one I have kicking around. Nice to see you yesterday Peter.

Vic