Misc: Electric Starters Grosset starter solenoid mounting

danno

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Hi
While I have the rear wheel and mudguard off my C Rapide, I need to fix the starter solenoid in place. The rubber clip under the battery cover broke and it currently just rests on the rear wheel frame. The stiff cables stop it moving around too much and I’ve put a rubber hose around it to protect it.
Just wondering if another clip can be obtained or maybe an alternative.
Any help appreciated.

Attachments

• 04CB4C81-27EF-40B3-9E18-D2716EF6A0B6.jpeg
    04CB4C81-27EF-40B3-9E18-D2716EF6A0B6.jpeg
    338.9 KB · Views: 45

ernie

VOC Assistant Secretary
VOC Member
Hi
While I have the rear wheel and mudguard off my C Rapide, I need to fix the starter solenoid in place. The rubber clip under the battery cover broke and it currently just rests on the rear wheel frame. The stiff cables stop it moving around too much and I’ve put a rubber hose around it to protect it.
Just wondering if another clip can be obtained or maybe an alternative.
Any help appreciated.
That solenoid is easily found on the internet and comes with the rubber holder. You can find it cheaply enough to be worth discarding. Don’t use it because only François’ has the correct spec.

danno

Non-VOC Member
That solenoid is easily found on the internet and comes with the rubber holder. You can find it cheaply enough to be worth discarding. Don’t use it because only François’ has the correct spec.
Thanks. I thought the holder was specific to the Grosset kit. I'll have a look and see if I can get one, with a solenoid if need be.

danno

Non-VOC Member
Fortunately, I kept the old one.
A metal bracket bolts to the battery tray underside using a countersink bolt so it's flush for the battery to sit.
The only rubber holder I can find is this one. Looks the same:
My one:

Attachments

• 20231030_110757.jpg
    20231030_110757.jpg
    292.4 KB · Views: 6