H: Hubs, Wheels and Tyres Front wheel off set 52 Shadow?

Ducdude

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Good day all,

I am trueing up the new front hoop or Wheel on the old front hub on my , 52 Shadow and was wondering if there is an offset spec?

Thanks as always !

Cheers,
Eric

Peter Holmes

VOC Member
Yes, I suppose it could seem like a curt response, sorry about that, but yes, all post war Vincent wheels are laced up totally symmetrical.

Marcus Bowden

VOC Hon. Overseas Representative
VOC Member
Series "A" too. As I've built all my own wheels since the 60's as I went in with my Vin Rap to a mate in the motorcycle business who did my rear wheel which was collapsing and I nearly came off, as he was doing it he explained what he was doing and giving me tips and have done it ever since and taught a few others too, a Vincent wheel is so easy being symmetrical with outside spokes off spoke flanges falling backwards of normal rotation and inside facing forward with cross four.
bananaman

Last edited by a moderator:

van Ginneke

Non-VOC Member
Thank you Marcus for that explanation.
I am about to build new wheels for my Rapide and looked at the set of original wheels I have and noted this ' outside spokes off spoke flanges falling backwards of normal rotation and inside facing forward with cross four' but was not sure if this really meant something. So thanks again for claryfing it.
regards, Vincent