Electric Vehicles

vibrac

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Perhaps a glimmer of common sense is beginning to be seen over the supposed end of the ICE engine

On the car front the fact that electric cars need less labour to make, but use very expensive and rare materials against ICE cars with lots of labour and common materials has finally started to be realised as VW looks like loosing 40-50000 jobs while cobalt is extracted from the Congo conflict zone..

As for motorcycles things are looking decidedly black for the industry as investors pull out as a real performance with range motorcycle driven by batteries looks less and less likely.

No wonder then that Moto GP will be synthetic fuel by 2027 and ACEM the European motorcycle manufacturers group are joining the eFuel Alliance who campaign for wider use of carbon neutral fuel.

I would not sell you ICE bike anytime soon I think the gas stations are going to be around for a long time yet (I think the american term is appropriate after 2030)

It would be interesting to know the % of people in the Green Party or in Westminster who know how to wire a 3 pin plug.

vibrac

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
They would be better removing any tax from non fossil fuel and amending the hasty legislation to allow for hybrid engines like this no time limit