E: Engine DESMO Vincent?

teunvandriel

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
In Holland, there is someone known as the "DESMO PROFESSOR" who is widely known as "Henk Desmo". The man is totally crazy about Desmo systems and has a huge collection of desmo systems recreated from plexiglass and has lots of publications about it to zen name. Everyone knows the system from Ducati but there are many more manufacturers who have used it or tried to. The understatement he asked me through a mutual acquaintance.
"I want to do an article on desmo Vincents. Has there ever been anything about the Brierley and (Brian?) Hill desmo Vincents in your club magazine"?
Who can help with information or refer to an MPH in which there was some on this subject?

vibrac

VOC Member
There was a desmo design in MPH some time ago it included thin two lobed cams, bell cranks and linkages it looked interesting no idea if one was built.
Time would be better spent designing a modern head with squish and better breathing for the old girls for that in my opinion is its weakest link

greg brillus

VOC Member
100% correct Tim........No one has probably studied in any detail the heads on the Irving Vincent engines........heads are taller to raise the port bowl area which is way too shallow on the stock head, and close the angle between the valves to make the chamber more shallow.......no need for tall heavy dome piston........much better breathing and less reciprocating weight.......That with roller cams, followers, and ratio rockers.........to give way more lift.......like 600 pus.......that is how you can make a Vincent really sing........Yes sounds easy but its a lot of work.

teunvandriel

VOC Member
Take a look at https://www.desmodromology.nl/

1692606434744.jpeg