Desmo horn

Peter Holmes

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I do take your point Delboy, but I think it would be exceedingly boring if we did not stray of topic occasionally, I am sure that Stan has gleaned loads of relevant information relating to his original enquiry, and I have had brought to my attention a very effective horn manufactured Stebel, in terms of an improvement in safety this horn looks to be infinitely superior to anything that Desmo or Lucas ever offered, granted you won't win any concours competitions if you have one fitted, but I might just take that chance. I go along with Stuart, I very rarely, if ever use a horn in a real emergency situation, I always think that you are better off concentrating on taking evasive action by whatever means rather fiddling for a little button to energise a horn that no one can hear anyway, But the Nautilus would definitely have its uses on a bike of mine, it would be great when filtering through slow moving traffic for example, you know, when you see someone a few cars in front thinking about changing lanes to gain an imaginary advantage.

vibrac

VOC Member
Yes filtering (personal speed limit 20mph) is the only time I ride on the horn button my 3 bulb horn bikes are 'canadian' in that they dont filter (strange law that one, Its like saying ships cant get up that river so lets stop canoes as well just because we can)

Peter Holmes

VOC Member
Well here goes, I know I am inviting admonishment, but I view this forum as electronic conversation, and conversations very rarely stay strictly to a singular topic, I welcome straying of topic if it is somewhat relevant to the original post, and for me this stimulates further interesting conversation and of course additional knowledge.

vibrac

VOC Member
I
Well here goes, I know I am inviting admonishment, but I view this forum as electronic conversation, and conversations very rarely stay strictly to a singular topic, I welcome straying of topic if it is somewhat relevant to the original post, and for me this stimulates further interesting conversation and of course additional knowledge.
I agree so long as the original query has been answered to the best of our ability which is why on this magic forum the original query sits at the top of the page I wonder if the proposed replacement forum can do that?

BigEd

VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
I agree that often a loosely linked sidetrack can lead to another interesting topic. ...... However, having sidetracked to an interesting topic that is worthy of a thread of its own it is very simple to start a new thread and give it a relevant name.
This way the person who started the thread does not have his thread "stolen" and a person looking for specific information is more likely to find what he wants if it is not buried within a thread that has lots of sidetracked posts. Just an alternative view. I may have to start a new thread for this topic.;)