demented D rebuild

macvette

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
I just discovered that my camera does time lapse. Unfortunately ( or fortunately depending on your veiwpoint), I didn't find out until I had put the big chunks together. Anyhoo I gave it a shot today and posted the result in 2010 series D. Check it out, it's good for a laugh.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Hello Mac, I wish I could work that quick !! I spend more time thinking than doing. The car is nice too. Good Luck Bill.

Albervin

VOC Member
I notice you have a seat for all occasions & heights! What was the frame rate, every 30 seconds? I am exhausted just watching it.

macvette

Non-VOC Member
Chairs and camera

Hi Bill and Albervin,
I've had the car 20 odd years. One more run this weekend and it's coming off the road so I can do up the rear end u j's and wheel bearings. The seats are the result of a three year wait for the engine to get fixed so I have a personal PhD in seat height sitting in the garage contemplating such matters.:D The high one is for working at the bench, consulting the computer which has loads of photos of the bike before stripping and taking the occasional coffee and cigarette. The small cream one is for standing on to reach things hung around the garage and for squatting on whilst I hunt through my random collection of nuts bolts and washers which I tip out on the floor. The mechanics stool is for scooting up and down the length of the bike between the current job and said pile of nuts bolts and washers. I also have a cheap folding director's chair with a can holder in the arms so when all else fails I can take a beer and consult the literature.
The frame speed is one every 30 seconds which is as quick as the camera goes in time lapse. It's a Nikon P80. Jobs done were :- adjust front and rear brakes, fit voltage regulator, fit carb cables, adjust lenght of cables, refit cables 3 times:(, check wheel bearing preload front and rear and take phone call from number one daughter who is coming to visit tomorrow. next job is to make a wiring harness.

Regards Mac