E: Engine Comet will not start when hot

Status
Not open for further replies.

vibrac

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
What was the problem with the Thorespark Kerry? Its just a triger for coil ignition as far as I can gleen, I have had some good reports and I was planning to stick one on my Douglas Mag dyno with an ex Rapide Alton on top (it seems Altons are ambidextrous in generation rotation)

kerry

VOC Member
Where do I start, I bought the Venom from the Velo owners magazine advert (fishtail) from a nice Gentleman who fitted the thorespark but could never get it to run right even though the timing appeared correct, he honestly advertised it to that effect, and, I also could not get it right so I then took it to my ultra expert friend 'electro Gerry' who said it was giving multiple sparks etc and advised me to revert back to a mag. (so I am)
2 years ago I fitted one on a gold star and that never run ! I have fitted bower units on Triumphs etc with no problems, I am sure some thoresparks are ok and working happily but personally I would not fit one, after my own experience's, Tim If you wish to try this one you are welcome but as bill has said check direction first ! Kerry.

vibrac

VOC Member
I am pretty sure it wont work on a Doulas they are the 'unusual rotation' I read in the book its says clockwise but since it does not say from which end the writer is looking he must be privy to some direction view convention that I am not privy to

Simon Dinsdale

VOC Machine Registrar
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
I am pretty sure it wont work on a Doulas they are the 'unusual rotation' I read in the book its says clockwise but since it does not say from which end the writer is looking he must be privy to some direction view convention that I am not privy to
I may be wrong but I don't think units like Thorspark care what the direction of rotation is.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
We did manage to get the Velo one to work on a Comet.
I have said how to before,
If interested ask. Cheers Bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.