G: Gearbox (Other - Albion, AMC, Norton etc.) Comet pivot Plate for a Norton Box

davidd

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I don't think so. I will have a look through my templates today to see if there is a suitable template. As I remember I have some templates that I did not like because the owner did not stay close enough to the gearbox contour. That is usually the problem with plates or templates from others. If I find something useful I will post it in the original thread.

https://www.vincentownersclub.co.uk/index.php?threads/norton-gearbox-fitted-to-comet.6647/

David

Black Flash

VOC Member
Hello Russell,
If you want to I can make you a drawing of my plate well as of my adjuster plates for the top of the gearbox.
As I have a couple of Norton boxes I found that the clutch cable entry on those boxes vary a lot and if you want the plate to stay close to the box you need to make the cutout where the cable adjuster conflicts with the plate after a trial assembly.

If any help send me your address by pm and I will send it to you

Bernd

vibrac

VOC Member
Ben has done a couple of norton boxes where the cable exit 'bump' has a bad habit of arriving just where the F106 blocks the cable. "Lets find a ally welder" I said. But he took a bit of scrap alloy and used those low temperature rods to solder on a new 'bump' I said it will never work but it did and it looked like part of the casting he said absolute cleanliness and preparation was the key, you certainly learn something every day I must get some -(it wasn't that lumiweld stuff I know that much)

nkt267

VOC Member
If you go to one of the better shows you need to look for the 'swedish metal' man who sells Alutight.

stumpy lord

Non-VOC Member
Hello Russell,
If you want to I can make you a drawing of my plate well as of my adjuster plates for the top of the gearbox.
As I have a couple of Norton boxes I found that the clutch cable entry on those boxes vary a lot and if you want the plate to stay close to the box you need to make the cutout where the cable adjuster conflicts with the plate after a trial assembly.

If any help send me your address by pm and I will send it to you

Bernd
could you please do the same for me.
norman lord

Black Flash

VOC Member
Hello Norman Lord
I somehow managed to delete your pm. I don't know how but probably because I was not wearing my glasses.
Please send me your address again so I can post you the drawing you asked for.

Please excuse my stupidity

Bernd