Clutch PD24

pete4000

Active Forum User
VOC Member
Hello everyone,

As my linings clutch were becoming very oily on my shadow, and my clutch was slipping, I decided to take it off and rebuilt it.
At first sight, seems to be the seal PD25 that was dead...
I have ordered a set of new parts (linings/plates/springs/bushes/seal....) to have a complete new clutch.

When receiving the new parts, I notice that the PD24 bush scroll was not the same as my old PD24 bush. (See photos)
I need some advise regarding this part.
Should I go on with this new part, or should I find a new bush that is identical to my old bush ?
Many thanks for your answers.
Pete

Bush new.jpgBush 1.jpg

timetraveller

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
First I would check with the Spares Company that what they have sent you is their latest model for the PD24. If they will guarantee that it will work satisfactorily then use it. In addition oil working its way along the outside of the shoe carrier tube it also works its way along the splines on the gearbox main shaft, that is, inside the shoe carrier tube. The use of sealing compound on that shaft is messy (and results in it being difficult to remove the clutch in the future) and the original seal on the outboard side of that shaft is a waste of time. Check through the archival pages of this Forum, or MPH, for details of how to fit an ‘o’ ring at the inboard end of the shoe carrier shaft. This totally stops oil travelling along the main shaft. Secondly, think about fitting a needle roller conversion to the clutch push rod. These are available from me and/or the VOC Spare Company.