Misc: Everything Else Vincent maintenance book

danno

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Hi
Anyone seen this before?
I found it amongst my old Vincent documents.
I thought it was the handbook originally (7"x5") but don't think it's official Vincent.

Attachments

• IMG_0129.JPG
    IMG_0129.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 79

A_HRD

VOC Member
No it's not a factory document but it has drawn on many sources of useful information and exploded diagrams from down the ages and is a very comprehensive and worthwhile read. Other similar and somewhat better publications are the Paul Richardson book "Vincent Motorcycles" and "Know Thy Beast" by Eddie Stevens.

Peter B

ClassicBiker

VOC Member
Very similar to the Bruce Main-Smith book I suspect. The title sheet states mine was written by BMS of Temple Press and first published in 1960. My copy was purchased by my father in 1980 from BMS's shop in Leatherhead for £1.75.
Does it mention who wrote it and when in your's?
Steven

WIN_20170811_14_53_27_Pro.jpg

danno

Non-VOC Member
No it's not a factory document but it has drawn on many sources of useful information and exploded diagrams from down the ages and is a very comprehensive and worthwhile read. Other similar and somewhat better publications are the Paul Richardson book "Vincent Motorcycles" and "Know Thy Beast" by Eddie Stevens.

Peter B

Thanks.
I have those other two books also.

danno

Non-VOC Member
Very similar to the Bruce Main-Smith book I suspect. The title sheet states mine was written by BMS of Temple Press and first published in 1960. My copy was purchased by my father in 1980 from BMS's shop in Leatherhead for £1.75.
Does it mention who wrote it and when in your's?
Steven

View attachment 16943
General Editor Bernal Osborne of Motor Cycling with Scooter Weekly
First published 1960

Attachments

• IMG_0130.JPG
    IMG_0130.JPG
    515.1 KB · Views: 24

Hugo Myatt

VOC Member
They are both the same booklet written by Bruce Main -Smith, one time chairman of the VOC. Bruce was also a staff writer for Temple Press 'Motorcycling'. His articles for MPH 1950/60s are well worth reading. The Blue cover booklet was issued by Temple Press. The Gold covered booklet was issued by Bruce Main-Smith when he became an independent book seller/ publisher.