C: Clutch Undersize C3 shaft

Gene Nehring

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
As promised and if I think we’re taking about the same thing.

Then you want a skf or Chicago rawhide part number CR99374 2.743” - 2.751” in working range. It was a bit of a careful job to get on, but allowed the seal to function correctly.

Best of luck.

oexing

VOC Member
When it is a matter of reconditioning a worn shaft for a seal a speedy sleeve may be a good idea. But for fighting too much play in clutch carrier bushes in the sprocket it does not look like it. You´d have to put the sprocket and bushes on the lathe anyway for turning the bushes to speedy sleeve sizes. Same goes for the carrier for turning it to speedy sleeve i.d. fit.
That is why I think you better skim the worn carrier , fabricate two new bushes and turn them to the smaller o.d. of the carrier. So no need for hunting speedies . Up to you certainly, just thinking . . .

Vic

Gene Nehring

VOC Member
As promised and if I think we’re taking about the same thing.

Then you want a skf or Chicago rawhide part number CR99374 2.743” - 2.751” in working range. It was a bit of a careful job to get on, but allowed the seal to function correctly.

Best of luck.
It appears I may have misread the post as my fix was purely for getting a better seal on one of the shafts and not trying to take up play on bushes.

highbury731

VOC Member
I have finally measured my C3 with a micrometer. It varies between 1.246" and 1.247" ie 3 to 4 thousandths clearance. I'm thinking that that is acceptable to use as is.

Last edited: