C: Clutch Raised socket head countersunk 2BA screws

aluminiumbronze

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Does anyone know where you can get standard type 2BA socket head screws that are countersunk, I recall someone posting a link on this somebyears back, I don’t mean countersunk ba screws with the minute Allen head.

stu spalding

VOC Member
Does anyone know where you can get standard type 2BA socket head screws that are countersunk,
I have only got a couple, these came from kit belonging to gents of the R.A.F. persuasion so they they may be ministry only issue. They take a1/8" allen key. Cheers, Stu.

Attachments

• 38  2BA.JPG
    38 2BA.JPG
    300.8 KB · Views: 3

aluminiumbronze

VOC Member
I am looking for the ones with the raised head, essentially like a standard Allen head bolt but machined under the head for the countersink, end up protruding more than the screws but work very well.

chankly bore

Non-VOC Member
Does anyone know where you can get standard type 2BA socket head screws that are countersunk, I recall someone posting a link on this somebyears back, I don’t mean countersunk ba screws with the minute Allen head.
Jeffrey. BA Bolts in Cheltenham U.K. list them, in many lengths. They'll post them at letter rate, which is cheap. They are good folk to deal with.

b'knighted

VOC Member
I have only got a couple, these came from kit belonging to gents of the R.A.F. persuasion so they they may be ministry only issue. They take a1/8" allen key. Cheers, Stu.
These shown by Stu are better than the flat csk screws that I have managed to buy as they take a visible Allen key. Mine use a key so small I can't see the flats. They work but it’s like trying to undo them with a thick bit of fuse wire.

bmetcalf

VOC Member
If these are for the clutch spring screws, I wanted to get some, too, but couldn't. In the end, I decided that the standard screws and the dedicated screwdriver with a tip that I ground to fit the slots was a pretty good setup.

aluminiumbronze

VOC Member
Jeffrey. BA Bolts in Cheltenham U.K. list them, in many lengths. They'll post them at letter rate, which is cheap. They are good folk to deal with.
Wrong ones Charlie, looking for socket had screws with standard head that are machined under head so they fit in countersink, I have some on my B, not sure where they came from, saw someone post a link on them some time back, may even have been on Jtan, might have to post a pic so what I describe is better understood, they make life very easy with a twin clutch as the standard screws are not up to it.

Peter Holmes

VOC Member
This subject has been picked over before on this forum, Torx has been suggested before, and Allen screw type, one thing is for certain, the minuscule type Allen keys are useless. I cannot see any problem with staying standard, with a perfectly matched, hollow ground screwdriver I have never experienced any problems, once the standard clutch is assembled correctly, with good components, and all oil leaks eradicated, how many times do you have to take it apart anyway?

Last edited: