C: Clutch Not so much tech advice but has anyone ever seen one of these??

Robert Watson

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
In my latest rather large parts collection I have found this clutch drum. It looks just like many I have seen before but is about 1/4 in deeper with the appropriately deeper slots for the disk ears. I'm not sure it would fit under a clutch cover, and what is the purpose??

20220724_133602[1].jpg
20220724_133622[1].jpg

Robert Watson

VOC Member
I thought it might be something like that, did it have a steel plate in between them driven on the 9 pins. It came from a collection that has a sidecar racer so maybe was used on that?

Last edited:

Robert Watson

VOC Member
Plus I found some spring and spring cups that look like Vincent ones only much deeper, just occurred to me they are probably for this.

timetraveller

VOC Member
I wonder as to whether this was successful? If the idea was to increase the available torque from the primary clutch then has this ever been shown to be inadequate, I thought the idea was that the primary servoed the main clutch which does all the hard work. Also the 'half holes' were given up by Vincent fairly early on as they proved to be the source of failure. Anyone know whether this was used successfully?