H: Hubs, Wheels and Tyres H15/1 or H15/2

Albervin

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Can someone post dimensions of front axle for girdraulics? I need overall length and length between the shoulders. I don't know what I have but it has been cut at one end and so threads longer one side than the other. I suspect it is a rear axle as the front hub was also butchered. It is still too long to fit between forks. :confused:I have to get the wheels on within two weeks as I am moving house. Any help appreciated.

fogrider

VOC Member
If no-one replies, try the VOC spares Co, they have the drawings and have been most helpfull to me in the past providing a dimension to check something.
Regards, Terry.

Albervin

VOC Member
Thanks Terry. I have posted this in a few places as I am desperate due to moving house. I think I have had one "bum steer" and one correct call. I will certainly call the spares company if I have to.

davidd

VOC Member
The front imperial axle is 3.95" shoulder to shoulder on the axle I measured. It is 3.878" shoulder to shoulder on the metric axle. The imperial axle should measure 1.172" from each shoulder to the end of the thread.

David

DucATIRadeon

Non-VOC Member
this from my '51 rapide C front axle.
dims in [mm] as is, you'll prob need round up/down to nearest imperial size/fraction

Attachments

• IMG_1945.JPG
    IMG_1945.JPG
    267.8 KB · Views: 18

Albervin

VOC Member
I think I have a temporary fix.:D A correct axle with a dodgy thread on one side. Good enough to wheel the bike out of the shed. Thanks everyone for your input. As always it is the ordinary members who make the club special.