E: Engine Electrics

Clay

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Has anyone used Priory Magnetos (https://sites.google.com/site/priorymagnetos/home).

I've tried all the usual suspects and the waiting lists are well into next year so Matty on the Forum kindly gave me a few names and I called Priory, spoke to a very helpful gentleman called Andrew Guttmann who seemed very helpful and knowledgeable and can recondition the Magneto and Dynamo in weeks rather than months.
He said he would rewind and fit new condenser and that the mag rarely needs re-magnetising and that he
buys in the armatures and he knew all about wrong way round Vincents ;). My Miller Dynamo has been converted to Lucas so I think that makes life easier?

I've seen good reviews on AJS & BSA sites about him but wondered if anyone here had any experience or any reason why I shouldn't use him?

Simon Dinsdale

VOC Machine Registrar
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
He has done quite a few mags in the East Mid Section and Andrew Walker has all his mags done there and Andrew is always using his Vincent's.
Done a mag for my pre war BSA but its not running yet.

ericg

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Andrew is always very helpful and efficient. I buy all my BSA parts from him and I imagine he is as good dealing with the repair of magneto and dynamo units.
I can't recommend him too much.