C: Clutch Clutch Shoes C7

G

Graham Smith

I have an old pair of clutch shoes that came with my Shadow and have been sitting in a box ever since.

As can be seen, they're pretty worn. Is there anyone in the UK that can re-bush them so I can get the shoes re-lined, or are they beyond it?

Any help would be much appreciated.

IMG_0597.JPG

Peter Holmes

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I did struggle to find anyone in the UK that was remotely interested in doing mine, having previously used Maughan's and Bob Culver, I was visiting the Godet workshops and spoke to Francois, who took on the job, and posted them back to in a reasonably short time, not that cheap as I remember, but quality costs.

Robert Watson

VOC Member
I had a pair that was away worse than that, made a jig from a new shoe, put the worn ones in the jig, bored them out and made press fit alloy bushings, worked just fine afterwards.

Peter Holmes

VOC Member
Sometimes the plunger housings are worn oval, and even broken away, but they also can be reclaimed, if you have the knowledge and skill, I have neither.

G

Graham Smith

I had a pair that was away worse than that, made a jig from a new shoe, put the worn ones in the jig, bored then out and made press fit alloy bushings, worked just fine afterwards.

Now if I only lived closer to you and my Uncle Dan!