C: Clutch Clutch Cable

chankly bore

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Well, as far as I know the cable I measured was an original. Given that, maybe your best plan is either to remove and measure your exhaust lifter cable and duplicate it, or make a cable to my outer cable dimension with the inner unsoldered and a little longer on the "suck it and see''principle. An observation here, though. The Spares Co. have, in the past, made front brake cables too short, so that the cable and brake arm form an angle greater than 90° by the time the brakes contact the drum. So I'm sorry if you've got a bum steer from me, but the cable I measured was a Twin clutch animal. I think if my outer cable dimension suits, and doesn't flap in the breeze, it may give the cable an easier life because of the greater arc.

vibrac

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I either buy from Vincent Spares or I make it if I have a 'funny' lever or bar. If I make it one thing I dont use is a tape measure I just cut to fit I find for cutting the outer cover a wood sandwich with bits of scrap wood slats and a hacksaw in a vice is better than the hammer and chisel approach

phsDommie

Active Forum User
VOC Member
Certainly didn’t think I had a bum steer from you, at all - so very glad for your input, chankly. I will try an incomplete cable first and cut to the appropriate length once my parts are here and I can replace the outer gearbox cover.
Thanks to all for help.