C: Clutch Clutch cable jumping off clutch lever

ClassicBiker

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I take it that the cable is coming off of G91. I had that happen a couple of times. I cured it by placing a weak compression spring over the cable and butting up against the back of G91 and G50. When the spares company came out with G91/1 with the longer prongs I switched over to that. I had considered brazing a couple of suitable washers on the outside of the G91 prongs and trimming them back to allow for the cable nipple to be hooked was when the modified G91/1 came out, so needless to say I never tried it.

Simon Couldridge

New Forum User
VOC Member
I take it that the cable is coming off of G91. I had that happen a couple of times. I cured it by placing a weak compression spring over the cable and butting up against the back of G91 and G50. When the spares company came out with G91/1 with the longer prongs I switched over to that. I had considered brazing a couple of suitable washers on the outside of the G91 prongs and trimming them back to allow for the cable nipple to be hooked was when the modified G91/1 came out, so needless to say I never tried it.
Thank you Classic Biker, much appreciated. Regards Simon.