C: Clutch Godet Egli Sport GT

Colin

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
The clutch in my above bike is a multiplate Kawasaki. 6 bonded plates, 6 plain. It has always run dry and has been pretty well bullet proof with no real problems. Ocassionally in the past it has squealed on take up and generally a strip and clean has cured the noise.
Recently however, a couple of times it has both squealed and grabbed on take up. A complete strip down today revealed all plates to be clean, unworn, and flat. Some very, minor burring of the ears on both bonded and plain plates were cleaned up and the whole went back together without any discernable problem . It was adjusted correctly (as far as I can make out).
The squeal is no particular problem, but has anyone any ideas as to why it has suddenly started to grab?. It does not do it every time and as far as I can tell I am using the clutch the same way as always
Thanks in anticipation of an answer

Paul Coene

VOC Member
Does anyone know what the partno. is of this Kawasaki plates ? There are an awful lot of webshops selling clutch plates, but thoose are always ranked by partnumber, not dimensions.

Colin

VOC Member
Hi Paul.
I got a set of these bonded plates for my Egli, from Godet Motorcycles in May 2019.. They cost £133-94.. Unfortunately Godet's did not give me a bill so again I have no part number. I suggest you ring Francois and tell him details of your bike, and he will advise the right plates. Good luck

Colin

VOC Member
Hi again Paul
I have just found the bag the clutch plates came in (NEVER throw anything away it may come in useful!) They had a note saying the plates were "Kawasaki Old K900K " and also written on the bag was VM 36-4. Don't know if this helps or just makes it more confusing!
Bon Chance
Colin