E: Engine Comet Valve Lifter

bodlan

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Is there a cross sectional drawing anywhere of the Comet valve lifter where it goes through the wall of the timing chest.
I have mine apart at the moment with a view to stopping an oil leak. However, the drawing M064 is a bit small and lacking detail.

nkt267

VOC Member
I put one of the sealing washers inside the timing chest as well as on the outside.I do not get any leaks from there now..John

Martyn Goodwin

Non-VOC Member
If the TWO sealing rubbers (on the outside) are in place and sound there should NOT be any leak from the Valve Lifter.

If there is, I suggest you need to look at WHY you have pressure in the crankcase thats PUSHING the oil out. Make sure the breather is correctly installed and timed also make sure the piston rings/bore is in good order.

Martyn

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
If the TWO sealing rubbers (on the outside) are in place and sound there should NOT be any leak from the Valve Lifter.

If there is, I suggest you need to look at WHY you have pressure in the crankcase thats PUSHING the oil out. Make sure the breather is correctly installed and timed also make sure the piston rings/bore is in good order.

Martyn
Plus, With a good amount of slack in the cable, Cheers Bill.