H: Hubs, Wheels and Tyres 4LS Brake Wheels From Bernd Schmitz

oexing

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Typically customs are not extra speedy at IMport , less so at export, because basically not much to do at export. So I´d rather question Australian customs being slow in deciding what to charge and how to deal with "classic" spares. Not to say Australian customs got exclusivity on slow handling, same with customs in my country - which is said to be sooo effective in all respects. If that was ever true it is no longer in reality for many years. In fact we suffer from grotesque burocracy in almost all places , too many people living from administration jobs.

Vic

chankly bore

Non-VOC Member
The package only spent two days in Australia. What attracted me to these brakes can be best described in a sales blurb for an expensive brassiere: "No unsightly belts, springs or pulleys."

craig

VOC Member
IMG_20211026b.jpg

Black Flash

VOC Member
Hello there,
Honestly I first did not want to write about my brakes as it is a bit like advertising them, which I think is somewhat wrong in a forum. So please excuse me for once. I talked to a customer from the South of Germany this morning as I don't receive a lot of feedback as many brakes are going to be used in projects or during long time rebuilt.
The man stated that the brakes were excellent and understandably improved over the running in period considerably. He said he is usually using two fingers only on the lever and that the brake is nice and progressive and he can lock up the wheel whenever he really wants to.

But he also said, that due to vastly improved brake, he suddenly noticed that his Girdraulic forks were topping out.
I think everybody that follows the forum knows that this can lead to very dangerous riding conditions.
My customer immediately ordered a modified steering kit from Norman Walker and I highly recommend using this new fork stem myself.

So I just wanted to point out that by eliminating one problem - insufficient brakes-it can lead you easily into another problem. So to all of you using one of Vincent Speet's or mine 4ls brakes, please check your Girdraulic forks, the level of the lower link and when still in doubt invest in one of Norman's kit.

Please excuse me sounding like a sales man but I think it is important to let all riders know.

Cheers Bernd

timetraveller

VOC Member
Thank you Bernd. Very kind of you. If your customers name was Martin then I assembled a kit for him this morning but there is a two week wait for AVO dampers.

BigEd

VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
Hello there,
Honestly I first did not want to write about my brakes as it is a bit like advertising them, which I think is somewhat wrong in a forum. So please excuse me for once. I talked to a customer from the South of Germany this morning as I don't receive a lot of feedback as many brakes are going to be used in projects or during long time rebuilt.
The man stated that the brakes were excellent and understandably improved over the running in period considerably. He said he is usually using two fingers only on the lever and that the brake is nice and progressive and he can lock up the wheel whenever he really wants to.

But he also said, that due to vastly improved brake, he suddenly noticed that his Girdraulic forks were topping out.
I think everybody that follows the forum knows that this can lead to very dangerous riding conditions.
My customer immediately ordered a modified steering kit from Norman Walker and I highly recommend using this new fork stem myself.

So I just wanted to point out that by eliminating one problem - insufficient brakes-it can lead you easily into another problem. So to all of you using one of Vincent Speet's or mine 4ls brakes, please check your Girdraulic forks, the level of the lower link and when still in doubt invest in one of Norman's kit.

Please excuse me sounding like a sales man but I think it is important to let all riders know.

Cheers Bernd
Wise words from Bernd,
I have put twin-disc on the front wheels of my Rapide AND one of Norman's Girdaulic fork concentric kits.