zero to sixty

Bill Thomas

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
In 1980, I got my time down to 12.5 with 110 over the line, Road bike with Mod's. Like Norman I used all 4 gears with a 56 sprocket, Norton clutch made a lot of difference + double backlash on the gears as per Lightning, 36 mm delorto carbs. Cheers Bill.

timetraveller

VOC Member
Yes, I forgot that. I double backlashed all my gears as well and eventually used a Norton clutch. I never used all four gears for a quarter, only either two or three with the three being the fastest

roy the mechanic

VOC Member
Keep the "clock" in your toolbox, like me you are riding a dinosour! But if it feels quick today-tomorrow it will be quicker yet.

Monkeypants

Non-VOC Member
no, not mine, pretty sure it is Dick Craven on his Norvin, standard displacement, home brew in the tank.

Glen

Last edited:

timetraveller

VOC Member
Interesting! If that was Dick Craven then a few years ago he got me to make and fit a fibreglass copy of a George Brown style fairing. The reason; to help to hold the front wheel down and you will see from the video that he has the wheel in the air twice. It would be interesting to know the date of that video as to whether it was taken before the fairing was made or whether the extra weight made the elapsed times worse and it was taken off.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
Hello Glen, Can you tell us what the Brew in the tank was ? I know he's a small bloke and the bike is very light, But it does Fly !!, I think he does low 11sec' runs. Cheers Bill.