You tube - vincent

Mickthevin

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
A FRIEND OF MINE WHO OWNS A BREWERY HAD A BABY A COUPLE OF MONTHS AGO AND HE LAUNCHED A NEW BEER TO CELEBRATE. WE HAD A RUN OUT FROM THE BAR AND YOU CAN SEE A FILM OF IT BY FOLLOWING THE LINK
A GOOD DAY WAS HAD BY ALL AND I DONT THINK YOU CAN BEAT ENGLAND IN THE SUMMER WHEN THE SUN IS SHINING
REGARDS

MICK

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aE9p6eLbNI

Gerry Jenkinson

VOC Member
Just watched your Video Mick. Well done.
I did reply to your email re pixellation, did you receive it?
Hand held camera worked well. Gives better choice of coverage.
I passed though Northumberland last weekend. Unfortunately the planned 5 day leisurly run up the east side via Sheffield, you, Warkworth, Edinburgh, to the other side of Glasgow turned into a 2 day rush. I then had to return direct from Glasgow to Folkestone.
Sorry not to call in but hope to visit in August en route to a bike party near Glasgow.

Gerry Jenkinson

Mickthevin

Non-VOC Member
You tube

Hi gerry
sorry you couldnt get here - maybe next time
i didnt receive your email - could you send it again. The camera used on the you tube thing was a professional effort but they still had problems with pixellation
look forward to hearing from you
mick

BlackLightning998

VOC Member
Look on your profile and you'll see the message Mick

Mick,

If you click on your name and go to your own profile screen you'll find the message there - not quite sure how Gerry posted it there, but there it is!!

Stuart

Hi gerry
sorry you couldnt get here - maybe next time
i didnt receive your email - could you send it again. The camera used on the you tube thing was a professional effort but they still had problems with pixellation
look forward to hearing from you
mick

PaulB

VOC Member
I'm pretty sure the pixelation is a function of the MPEG compression used rather than the quality of the original camera or footage.

Paul

Gerry Jenkinson

VOC Member
Mick,

If you click on your name and go to your own profile screen you'll find the message there - not quite sure how Gerry posted it there, but there it is!!

Stuart
I dont know how I posted it there either!! I found a message from Mick and I guess hit a reply button somewhere.
Thanks for finding it Stuart.
Gerry

Gerry Jenkinson

VOC Member
I'm pretty sure the pixelation is a function of the MPEG compression used rather than the quality of the original camera or footage.

Paul
I agree it is the MPEG that writes it but I think it is caused when data from the Optics/CCD is missing and the software tries to guess it. The compression is done by only recording what has changed since the last frame. Also agree Camera quality is not the problem, except its tolerance of vibration. We are dealing with tape being moved mechanically by motors and scanned by a motor spinning a record head.

The original footage is what is produced by the MPEG software installed in the camera.

Last year Mick sent me footage that was included in the Vindeo, mainly the on bike stuff. At slow road speeds there was no problem other than a bit of shake. As speeds increased shake got worse then pixellated. When speed increased further and the road got rougher it broke up completely and at some points froze. As he slowed it recovered. Vincent Engine & Suspension Vibes i guess. I spent a long time lifting the useable bits which also dictated the edit. His thumbs up at the start is fine, it pixelates as he pulls away.

Anyway I enjoyed his YouTube offering.
Must save up for a stedicam mount or buy a rotary norton.
Gerry

Mickthevin

Non-VOC Member
Hi gerry
i finally found your message so thanks for that and thanks to stuart for the detective work. The film on you tube was done by a girl who drinks in the bar and runs a film production company. It was the first time she had been on a trike and the first time she had done anything remotely like this. We have talked about steady cams and apparently they are very easy to make at home - if you are interested i can try and get some plans - it will certainly be cheaper than a rotary norton and probably better looking. The same person mentioned the programme that reduces pixellation - apparently the computer watches the film and when it starts to vibrate or pixellate it picks its own horizon and then adjusts the film to that horizon - or something along those lines. She is trying to track down this programme and i will let you know the outcome
mick

BlackLightning998

VOC Member
Try www.bikecameras.com

I met these guys today at Motorcycle World event at Beaulieu - they had a couple of sports bikes set up both with stills and video equiment. They supply many of the race teams in BSB, WSB, MotoGP too.

All looked pretty sexy to me - and cheaper than a rotary Norton too!

Stuart

Prince Duster

VOC Member
Vin mounted cameras

We did this little short late 2006. The on road shots are either shot from a Vin rear, with a Sony digi cam, or on an even smaller still/video handheld, with Dave Jackson riding one-handed. The things we do for art. It's on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tBPWTaXt1Y Roughly edited on i-Movie on a Mac.

Last edited: