You never know.

Vinnie Boy

Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
I have been working on the main oil feed pipe on my C Rapide, washed the pipe through, gave it a vigorous shake and a length of copper wire shot out. Obviously a hanging wire from the plating process. It was completely hidden from view obscured by the bend in the pipe.

It's been in there since I bought the pipe new from Chas Guy when he ran Conway Motors. How long ago was that?

No harm done, it goes to show you cannot be too careful.

VB

Attachments

• P1012918.JPG
    P1012918.JPG
    141.3 KB · Views: 21

Albervin

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I have been working on the main oil feed pipe on my C Rapide, washed the pipe through, gave it a vigorous shake and a length of copper wire shot out. Obviously a hanging wire from the plating process. It was completely hidden from view obscured by the bend in the pipe.

It's been in there since I bought the pipe new from Chas Guy when he ran Conway Motors. How long ago was that?

No harm done, it goes to show you cannot be too careful.

VB
Surgeons have done worse. Much worse! It could have stayed there for decades and done no harm. Oh yes, it has been there for decades. :cool:

vibrac

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
You have to go a long way to beat the bike Ben had last year to "just get going" someone had fitted the oil regulator OP39 complete with jet into the stop valve hole (bottom left timing cover) and the stop valve assembly (OP37.OP11 and cap OP38) in the top of the timing case! good job it wouldn't start....
Then again I remember back in the days before the spares company Ray Elgar got a new OP92 (the main begend oil feed quill) and it wasnt drilled right through! someone less attentive than Ray might have got an expensive shock.