You do not have permission to access this page.

Johnbull

Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
You do not have permission to access this page.

This is what I keep getting when I try contributing to most threads. Yet they are all within the Public Access areas of this forum.

Can somebody please enlighten me. I even wanted to join in the New Year wishes thread and couldn't, so a belated Happy New Year to you all anyway.

We are having some fabulous weather here in Malta right now. I rode the Meteor this morning - admittedly just to the petrol station and back to top it up for the weekend, went for a club ride - about 30 miles, with my 1928 Triumph this afternoon, and will be riding my 34 Triumph tomorrow morning, then picking up "the queen" for lunch, which will mean I have to swap to my Yamaha FJR with more comfortable pillion seat.

All great fun in their own way.

G

Graham Smith

Hi Joe

Unfortunately, non-Members of the VOC don't have as many access privileges as full Club Members.

VOC Members get to be able to access all parts of the forum, and also to contribute to any threads they like.

Non Club Members are able to start threads in the public areas, and then can reply to the threads they start as many times as they like.

Unfortunately, non-Members are unable to reply to threads that they did not start.

Hope this helps clarify things.

Regards

Graham

Johnbull

Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Whilst not a member I can read the forum and learn from the many knowledgeable gentlemen and ladies therein; I can contact Vincent owners through e mail, facebook, phone etc - indeed most have been very helpful; I buy most of my Vincent parts through the VOC and other sources reccomended through this and other fora; etc. etc.

The downside: I cannot reply to most threads, which could work both ways - I have had a Vincent for over 25 years, have rallied it in Europe, I have many Vincent / HRD owner friends all over the world, and feel I can contribute if I were allowed to. I am 2000 miles away from UK, which is where all things Vincent happen, and cannot therefore join in on any functions, runs, etc organised by the club.

Now if somebody can give me a good enough reason why I should join, I will very gladly do so.

Standby for flakkkkkkkkkkkk.

bmetcalf

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
In the US, we have had two members in Montana and North Dakota, who solved this problem by organizing VOC North American Rallies, both without having been to one before. They brought the Club to them! To be fair, except for a few UK Rallyists, we all could ride or drive to the events and Malta is a bigger challenge for attendees. It is a free choice and I agree that you have a lot to offer, but I would recommend joining, personally.

Albervin

VOC Member
OK Joe.
1. Great friends.
2. International Rallies (members only)
3. Being a club member is always a 2 way street
4. Discounts on parts
5. Feeling like being part of a family (including black sheep, distaff side, demented cousins et al.)
6. Without members there will be no club.

Johnbull

Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Two replies in the space of less than 15 minutes. I knew this subject would jog the forum.

Now can I ask another. Quite a few years ago I used to meet up regularly on visits to UK with a wonderful couple, Geoff and Jo Parr from Warwickshire. Geoff was very much into Vincents, and I believe his charming wife Jo was actually secretary of the VMCC at one point too. He had a fabulous "C" Shadow which he gave me to ride to a club night one evening, and I returned the favour every time they visited Malta, loaning them one of my machines with which o join us on a sunny club run.

As I haven't had cause to travel to UK in recent years we lost touch, but would very much like to know their whereabouts. I'm sure there are many people on here who know them, or know of them. If so, would they be kind enough to let me have a contact address or number. You can do this by e mailing me on johnbull@go.net.mt

Thanks in anticipation.

van drenth

VOC Member
Joe, Malta a wonderfull island to be. I have been there many times during my workingdays at Malta drydocks. Nice people, great food,etc, etc
Only our monthy MPH magazine is already worth to join.
van Drenth JC

len.c

Non-VOC Member
Hi Joe,I have owned a Vin for over thirty years but only became a member of the VOC in 2007 without a doubt the best move I ever made the amount of technical help and info is just amazing,How are things in Malta? I am very proud to say my old dad served in Malta for the whole siege period during the last bout of hostilities (don't mention the war) its' a place I am determined to visit before I am called to the Grim Reaper.

mr.hutch

VOC Member
OK Joe.
1. Great friends.
2. International Rallies (members only)
3. Being a club member is always a 2 way street
4. Discounts on parts
5. Feeling like being part of a family (including black sheep, distaff side, demented cousins et al.)
6. Without members there will be no club.

Alyn,
I haven't heard the expression 'distaff side' for many many years.
Long ago I knew a guy, who was very well educated, terribly well spoken and terribly well off, who always referred to his wife as such. "Dear boy" he would say " you must never underestimate the distaff side", fifty years later I think I know what he was trying to say.

Go carefully mr hutch :D