Works Photo

bmetcalf

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
1238804_10152316103992419_1137279979_n.jpg

Kansas Bad Man

Non-VOC Member
The old saying, for something to be funny there has to be a grain of truth . LOL I have a couple of large Harley hammers in the garage , I will have to say they work on Vins just as good:)

david bowen

Non-VOC Member
my television went of, repair man came hit it on the top it worked, $90 call out fee he said before you say any thing its knowing were to hit ?

Peter Holmes

VOC Member
my television went of, repair man came hit it on the top it worked, $90 call out fee he said before you say any thing its knowing were to hit ?
David, I don't think I would be happy with that 'repair' or the call out, it surely will not be a permanent fix, he should at least of investigated the dry joint or loose connection, the $90.00 (£50.3254) call out is perfectly justifiable to cover business running costs, but I would at least want some attempt at effecting a lasting repair, you should have had 30 minutes site time.
On another tack, it is really great having a member on the forum that can instantly put a name to the faces in factory photographs, what can you tell about Jack Furness and Alf Searle whom both went on to run a Vincent repair and restoration business in Cromer, Hertfordshire, really nice guys to deal with loads of knowledge.

david bowen

Non-VOC Member
He did just that (dry Joint and dust) have a close look at picture face in background Fred Dunn, others in the Dept. Norman Brewster was foreman Jack Godfrey tester, Gerald Worbey the fork man and Jeff Fitness, Jack Furness 93 Alf Searle 87 still live in the Stevenage area Bob Culver bought there business it is still going strong with his son James, Jack Furness still calls in to see that they are doing it right