Works Photo

david bowen

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
This was Pauls transport 1948/49 he use to go home for lunch in it. John Surtees and I just before lunch one day put some bricks under the rear axle and hide round the corner Paul comes jumps in to car starts puts in to gear we run? Paul did not say a thing to us that's the type of guy he was,

david bowen

Non-VOC Member
Paul Richardson read page 357 Phil Irving an autobiography and you will see the type of guy Paul was, move over James Bond !

Diogenes

Non-VOC Member
1238804_10152316103992419_1137279979_n.jpg
Dates Wanted.

As far as I can see the General Forum entries do not contain a useful date, merely something like
"Discussion in 'General Chat: Public Access' started by bmetcalf, Tuesday at 1:13 PM."

How can we tell the actual date a thread was started and the actual date that a reply was made?

Is there some trick?

TouringGodet

VOC Member
VOC Forum Administrator
VOC Forum Moderator
How can we tell the actual date a thread was started and the actual date that a reply was made? Is there some trick?

Every post is time stamped at the bottom. If the time stamp is recent, like within one week, you have to figure out the absolute time from the relative time shown. For older posts, the timestamp is automatically formatted as an absolute date.

bmetcalf

VOC Member
I found the photo on a different forum and its URL had no info on the origin. I'll ask the person who posted it about it.

david bowen

Non-VOC Member
The picture most have been taken during a lunch break by one of the few people at the factory that had a black box I would say John Clark, or John Bland, the other reason Mike Eggerton, Bill Bruce, and Terry Wade, did not work in that area

Diogenes

Non-VOC Member
I found the photo on a different forum and its URL had no info on the origin. I'll ask the person who posted it about it.
Page 56 of 'VINCENT-HRD' by Peter Carrick, ISBN 0-85059-512-6.
Photo attributed to "John Edwards".
Greater clarity might be available from a better print or a negative.
I wonder what happened to John Edwards collection of photos.
Dumped?