F: Frame Will touring handlebars fit on a Prince

timetraveller

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
I'm here, just 1150 miles away and just been for a five mile cross country pedal cycle ride in 37 deg temperature to try and move some of the adipose tissue around. I would try to give you more details when I am back but it is not a simple system. If it is the same as the one I have then there is a cable from the handlebar down to a very small and neat master cylinder mounted on the bridge plate across the front of the fork legs. This gets round the problem of having a master cylinder up on the handlebars and it fouling the fairings etc. I remember Roy telling me about this many years ago when I was visiting him and he had sourced it from Automotive Products, now AP. I can't give you part numbers until I am back. If you want more details then you could ask Roy, assuming that he is well enough. He was not into Vincents for money and he will have no secrets but I think you will find that some of the parts were designed and made by Roy. It should also be noted that there is no provision for a speedo drive in the front. That is taken from the rear wheel and is one of the reasons that the front looks so neat.

Last edited:

davidd

VOC Member
Justin MacKay-Smith encountered this problem on his Prince with disc brakes. Although hiding the master was an OK choice, I suggested that he install a radial master cylinder lever on the handlebar because it would clear the cowl and provide superior braking when compared to other master cylinders.

Magura Radial.JPG

It does not have a vintage look, but the performance is high and the maintenance is low. The reservior can be mounted on a small bracket glassed into the muff. It has to be positioned level and higher, but that is not a problem. He has been using it for about 25 years.

David

kerry

VOC Member
Hi David, My reservoir is on the dash and looks like it has always been there, I have just searched for the cylinder it as as TT kindly said AP, nicely hidden behind where the balance beam area is. Very clever chap (RC) . Kerry.
DSCF7055 (1).JPG
DSCF7179.JPG
DSCF7183.JPG