Why am I listed as a non-member?

Buzz Kanter

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
I am curious why I am listed as a non-member of the club here when I signed up and paid my membership, got the carb and magazines?

Is there something more I need to do to make the grade?

Albervin

VOC Member
Buzz, all the people who handle membership applications are volunteers & when you join there 2 or 3 sets of hands involved. Some of these people have been or are participating at rallies as the is "the season".
I am sure everything will pan out & it won't stop you from gathering everyone's views on your choice of machine.

BlackLightning998

VOC Member
I am curious why I am listed as a non-member of the club here when I signed up and paid my membership, got the carb and magazines?

Is there something more I need to do to make the grade?

Buzz, your membership application and the Forum are two seperate things, so the Forum should get sorted shortly for you.

Stuart

TouringGodet

VOC Member
VOC Forum Administrator
VOC Forum Moderator
Try clicking on 'Forum Actions', 'Edit Profile'. On the left side of the page that loads, click 'Permission Groups'. Fill in the requested info, and once verified by the forum administrator, your status should change to allow full access to the forums.

G

Graham Smith

It has been a month and I still can not access much of this site as I am still listed as a non-member. HELP please!

Hi Buzz, when you applied for the upgrade initially you didn't give the required information, and I was unable to process the upgrade. I did send you an e-mail at the time asking you to try again.

I see that you tried to upgrade again yesterday at 2117hrs, and again, you failed to give the required information - ie, your home address and zip code. This is how we double check that you're entitled to have access to the other parts of the forum.

However, I have searched through the club's membership database and found the information you need, so have carried out the upgrade manually.

All should now be OK.

Graham

Last edited by a moderator:

Albervin

VOC Member
It would appear that some people think that by becoming a member of the VOC they automatically gain access to all areas of the VOC website and forum. Maybe there needs to be a clarification (again) in MPH & somewhere on the website. I know you guys (Graham) think you have thought of everything but remember you are dealing with Very Old Children from a diverse cultural, ethnic, and educational background. And that is just those who speak an English dialect!!! Strewth, I need to put more prawns on the barby!!

G

Graham Smith

There are revised instructions on page 3 of next months' MPH on how to join the forum. I've been meaning to re-write them for a while, but have only just got round to it.

Furthermore, the actual procedure of registering is now much easier to make life simpler for older members.

Also, when you register for the first time on the forum, you are automatically e-mailed instructions on how to upgrade, and they also become part of your homepage. They are also listed in the FAQ section.

Don't forget. As a VOC Member, you see an entirely different home-page that a non-Member would see.