Who's Vincent/Hrd has the most power?

bmetcalf

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Steve's bike also has Bonneville (!) gearing which affects throttle twisting as you say. I assume that once he is "on the cam", the gentle treatment is over.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
002.jpgI have had a long think about Flowrate, What do you think ?, Rear head, A bit of car exhaust with a bend in it, + 34mm E.I.Flat Slide Carb' !! On my Comet, Will it Fly !! Cheers Bill.

clevtrev

VOC Member
Rays Vincent bike also did something that is rarely done nowadays

It could be ridden to competition events

I rode it down the Oxford road one day at a rider rally at Rousham house, It was a fast beast, it must have been a ride of all time to take it to Holland
Was that the one with the Union Flag tank ?
ray elgar copy.jpg

Not this one, this is the one that went to the European Drag Championships.

Bill Thomas

VOC Member
001.jpgHello Brian, Do you meen like this !! Lots of Fun, You have all this to come, When you have all those bits of yours together !!, Cheers Bill.

Brian Thompson

Non-VOC Member
Yes Bill, oddly enough.
The Bob Newby belt drive's arrived.These parts are very nicely made. I got 30 mm and 40 mm to see what fits best. Just waiting on 1/2 time pinions. The frames are under way. Two standard ones to start with. That'll get them going .I can look at alternatives later.I just want to see something start.
I have started on the DBD34 today.I just know there is going to be a mix match of parts somewhere.
Cheers
brt650

ludders

New Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Going back to Ray Elger's bike. He painted the Union flag on the tank when a well know Japanese motorcycle company beginning with K wanted to buy the bike (and with it not competing) so they could win. He said 'No' and painted the tank red white and blue, but it had other colour's throughout it's competing life, and is now a green.

erik

VOC Member
what is really fast on open roads? I don`t know a country where you can go really fast on open roads beside Germany and the Isle of Man?Regards Erik