who is it that builds the 690cc comet motors?

Black Flash

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Hello Chris,
as far as I know it is Bob Dunn. He build me 2 engines with 636 cc and if I remember correctly he is now making them with about 680 cc as well. The engine really goes like stink. changing from a standard Comet to the 636 is like going to a twin ( not my words but those of P.Barker who rode both bikes ). Being bored and stroked the engine pulls like a train :D :D :D.
You can give Bob a ring, but please notice that I am in the queue before you !!!!! if that makes any difference to Bob ??....:(

Bernd

lvhrd

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Bernd and Ken, thanks for the information. I am slowly working my way towards my first Vincent and am trying to decide whether to start with a complete bike, or start with a set of cases (or an engine) and go from there. I'll give Bob a call in a couple of weeks.

much obliged,
Chris

Les Thomson

Non-VOC Member
Hello Chris,
as far as I know it is Bob Dunn. He build me 2 engines with 636 cc and if I remember correctly he is now making them with about 680 cc as well. The engine really goes like stink. changing from a standard Comet to the 636 is like going to a twin ( not my words but those of P.Barker who rode both bikes ). Being bored and stroked the engine pulls like a train :D :D :D.
You can give Bob a ring, but please notice that I am in the queue before you !!!!! if that makes any difference to Bob ??....:(

Bernd

Was that pulls like a train or pulls harder than a fourteen year old boy.

Black Flash

VOC Member
Hello Les, it definately pulls like a steam train and sounds almost like a spitfire.
If you still behave like a forteen year old boy and you like loud antisocial banging noises, fit an old burgess silencer to this engine and you will love it (sure your neighbours won't) !!!!!
Sorry you have to find out Bob's number yourself ;), cause I fear he could be putting you in front of the queue ( doesn't he always do that ??)

I know my dear old friend Bob can take that, it might slow down my delivery though.
Bernd