Which Electronic Ignition?

• Thread starter Deleted member 1616
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1616

Just acquired a Rapide and I am trying to identify the electronic ignition. The unit replacing the magneto is about the size of a small magneto and has a red LED on the end cap which lights up when the ignition is powered.

I cant see similar using the PAZON or Boyer Bransden Websites.

Any ideas? I am trying to find the instructions and wiring diag.

Comet Rider

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Ignition ID

Hi Cardinal,

To help we need a photo... it makes things much easier:D
Re-post with a pic, then there should be someone who can ID it for you:rolleyes:

Neil

clevtrev

VOC Member
Just acquired a Rapide and I am trying to identify the electronic ignition. The unit replacing the magneto is about the size of a small magneto and has a red LED on the end cap which lights up when the ignition is powered.

I cant see similar using the PAZON or Boyer Bransden Websites.

Any ideas? I am trying to find the instructions and wiring diag.
Grosset ignition unit. Two cap screws holding the end cap on ? Body rotatable to allow fine tuning with the engine running.

Tom Gaynor

VOC Member
Tranny ignition

It's a Grosset distributor. The LED is on when the coil is being fed, goes out when "the points" break. Early models came with a length of fibre-optic cable, useful for those of us who don't have an extra head mounted on a neck long enough to look at both sides of the bike at once. Still, the exercise does you good...

wparr2

VOC Hon. Technical Officer
VOC Member
VOC Forum Administrator
VOC Forum Moderator
Re: which electronic ignition

for details of the Grosset electronic ignition see below

grosset_distr.jpg

D

Deleted member 1616

Perfect, thanks for the instructions...here is the picture. Works very well from the limited experience I have had to date.

Attachments

• Ignition.jpg
    Ignition.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 87