Whereabouts of engine F10AB/1A/2132 or bike that it's in

Jhalfpen

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
I'm looking to find the original engine for my White Shadow, F10AB/1A/2132. My father and I have owned the bike since 1978 and I believe that the original engine was repleced with a Black Shadow engine, which is still in the bike, sometime in the mid-'60s. I also believe that the original engine is still in exsistence, possibly in an Egli or similar. I'm hoping to either swap back the original engine for my shadow engine + cash or buy the complete bike. If anyone can point me towards the engine or bike that I'm looking for, that would be much appreciated. Of course, I'm very happy to have any correspondence passed on to the owner annonymously if that's what they wish.

Attachments

• IMG_6502.JPG
    IMG_6502.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 59
G

Graham Smith

I would've thought that writing to the Club's Machine Registrar would've been your best bet.

Simon Dinsdale

VOC Machine Registrar
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
The engine in question was around a few years ago but appears to have gone to ground and its current owner / location is unknown. John has spoken to me about his bike last year.
Simon

Jhalfpen

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Interestingly, this 'project' is being driven very much by my sons - 20 & 22. Both consider bikes made in the '90s as classic (CBR, VFR, GSXR etc) and have a few of these but aren't interested in stuff made before the '80s, but seem to have picked up on the Vincent scene, especially younger people using their bikes. I used the 'Vin quite a lot up to the '90s and kind of fell out of using it, but they are now keen to get the machine on the road again. It would be nice to see three generations having used / using it. Of course, it doesn't really matter which engine it to do that

Jhalfpen

Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Hi Vince
Thanks for getting back to me - where would I find members only posts? I am logged into this forum as a member but I guess that's different?
John