• Welcome to the website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

Should you have any questions relating to the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club, or Vincent H.R.D. motorcycles in general, please contact Graham Smith, Hon. Editor and Webmaster by calling 07977 001 025 or please CLICK HERE.

You are unrecognised, and therefore, only have VERY restricted access to the many features of this website.

If you have previously registered to use this forum, you should log in now. CLICK HERE.

If you have never registered to use this website before, please CLICK HERE.

where to put badges on fuel tank

charlottevictoria

Active Website User
Non-VOC Member
Dear all,

I have to put new colour on my comet fuel tank (1954). Is there any manuel where I can see exactly where to put the transfers and where the trim line should be?

Best Regards,
Peter Kohl, Mainz, Germany

roy the mechanic

Well Known and Active Website User
VOC Member
tank transers

I would reccomend Jacqelin Bickerstaffe's book Original Vincent. Just been reprinted. I would give the isbn number but lent it to a mate, restoring his comet. Good luck, roy.

BlackLightning998

Well Known and Active Website User
VOC Member
Or do what some folks believe happened.....

You could always just stick them where you like (roughly right, precisely wrong), there's a lot of debate about it but quite some evidence to suggest that there were many different location varieties chosen depending on the day of week, the choice of workman and whether the pub had run out of ale at lunchtime................on the basis that you can't see both sides at the same time you could even be relaxed about that variation too........;)

Oh - and I'd recommend re-joining the club too - complete unfettered access to this Forum and 12 full colour magazines a year is surely a good enough incentive.

Stuart

Can't Find What You Need?

Buyer Beware: Fake or Real?