Where can I buy a new FF3 (Girdraulic lower link)

davidd

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
If you ordered one from Coventry I would stick with them. I tried going around them for a lower link several years ago and I still had to wait months. They got them the same time I did. Kemp is always worth a try because many of their sources differ from the Club.

David

Simon Dinsdale

VOC Machine Registrar
VOC Member
VOC Forum Moderator
Just checked on the VOC spares company web site and FF3 is listed as in stock at £298 excluding VAT. As you are outside Europe you would not have to pay the vat (tax).

Simon.

Tug Wilson

Non-VOC Member
Hi, if you are stuck I think I have top and bottom links (used) in my garage somewhere. Email me on tug_wilson@sky.com if interested and I will search them out and send photos.
Kind regards, Roger

Steve F

Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
If you ordered one from Coventry I would stick with them. I tried going around them for a lower link several years ago and I still had to wait months. They got them the same time I did. Kemp is always worth a try because many of their sources differ from the Club.

David
Coventry tells me they get them from the club (or maybe it was the club source) and they've been on order months. So I presumed they don't have them either. I ordered SS spokes from the Club and waited several months. So I know not everything they list is held.

davidd

VOC Member
Coventry uses quite a few suppliers, but you are correct, they get the forged steel link from the Spares Co. It is for this reason I am not sure you can find another source, so I would stick with Coventry.

Coventry used to supply Buchanan's spokes. If you want stock sizes quickly they may have them on the shelf. If you want something custom, like spoke or nipple sizing I would go to Buchanan directly. If you are lacing an existing rim I would always ask what size nipples are supplied because the rims may be drilled for a different size.

David