• Welcome to the forum website of the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club.

Should you have any questions relating to the Vincent H.R.D. Owners Club, or Vincent H.R.D. motorcycles in general, please contact Graham Smith, Online Forum Webmaster by calling 07977 001 025 or please CLICK HERE.

You are unrecognised, and therefore, only have VERY restricted access to the many features of this forum website.

If you have previously registered to use this forum website, you should log in now. CLICK HERE.

If you have never registered to use this forum website before, please CLICK HERE.

Where can I buy a new FF3 (Girdraulic lower link)

Steve F

Active Forum Website User
Non-VOC Member
My local USA outlet's had them order from the UK for many months and didn't know where I could get one

davidd

Well Known and Active Forum Website User
VOC Member
If you ordered one from Coventry I would stick with them. I tried going around them for a lower link several years ago and I still had to wait months. They got them the same time I did. Kemp is always worth a try because many of their sources differ from the Club.

David

Simon Dinsdale

VOC Machine Registrar
VOC Member
VOC Forum Website Moderator
Just checked on the VOC spares company web site and FF3 is listed as in stock at £298 excluding VAT. As you are outside Europe you would not have to pay the vat (tax).

Simon.

Steve F

Active Forum Website User
Non-VOC Member
If you ordered one from Coventry I would stick with them. I tried going around them for a lower link several years ago and I still had to wait months. They got them the same time I did. Kemp is always worth a try because many of their sources differ from the Club.

David
Coventry tells me they get them from the club (or maybe it was the club source) and they've been on order months. So I presumed they don't have them either. I ordered SS spokes from the Club and waited several months. So I know not everything they list is held.

davidd

Well Known and Active Forum Website User
VOC Member
Coventry uses quite a few suppliers, but you are correct, they get the forged steel link from the Spares Co. It is for this reason I am not sure you can find another source, so I would stick with Coventry.

Coventry used to supply Buchanan's spokes. If you want stock sizes quickly they may have them on the shelf. If you want something custom, like spoke or nipple sizing I would go to Buchanan directly. If you are lacing an existing rim I would always ask what size nipples are supplied because the rims may be drilled for a different size.

David

Warning! This thread is more than 8yrs ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.