H: Hubs, Wheels and Tyres Wheel Lining

Martyn Goodwin

Well Known and Active Forum User
Non-VOC Member
Hi, my name is Tony and I am a first time caller......and rather afraid that my suggestion on wheel lining may be regarded as sacrilege.

Ah well, here goes. I have gone the route of painted lines in the past, on occasion had to wipe off and restart because of imperfections etc. Even durability was questionable over the long haul.

That is when I dscovered automotive pinstriping. Heresy I know. But it is what I use, looks original, has never peeled off and to the naked eye looks no different to a painted on stripe. There is a secret to the stick-on quality and that is once applied run a hair dryer over the pin-striping which guarantees the seal.

I hope I won't be drummed out of the corps....

All the best

Tony Cording - Vancouver Section
Photo????

TouringGodet

VOC Member
VOC Forum Administrator
VOC Forum Moderator
Here is another data point. It looks like the black paint extended well onto the flat portion of the rim, and the red paint was applied on top of the black.

Rim.JPG

Chris.R

VOC Member
Well after trying for months the rather slow chrome gave me back the wheels this morning so now to get the paint and brushes guys.

Chris.R

VOC Member
Devon Rim Company say they use 3mm wide tape, heat applied, for the Vincent rims.
Best-
George
Thanks for that but think I will paint and lacquer them it is pretty cold and damp here so will have to wait until the weather warms up or convince her indoors to let me bring the rims into the house.
Chris