What's It Worth?

Robert Watson

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member

profile_mask2.png

One of my friends has this and is thinking of selling it, ..........

Here is my ’52 AJS, 500 model 18 trials bike. It was used by me in the pre-65 trials when I lived in Oxford, and has pretty well sat since then except for yearly starting and riding short distances. It was a factory trials conversion (as far as I know from the original owner) and was registered for a brief time (’88) in the UK lic #JSV 635. I’ve never had it apart, but runs well and lots of compression still.

1651599026849.png

cleardot.gif

1651599053285.png

1651599084381.png

no_photo.png

https://www.google.com/

vibrac

VOC Member
In UK if its pucka you may get 8K, AJS road stuff rarely gets over 5K
there was a Gordon Jackson replica asking for 12K but asking is one thing.....

Robert Watson

VOC Member
Thanks Tim, it obviously is not a show bike, but it has been well stored and looked after. I guess I'll have to find an AJS site somewhere to advertise it. It's 8000 miles from its birthplace so not too familiar to the natives here!

Mark Fisher

Non-VOC Member
Thanks Tim, it obviously is not a show bike, but it has been well stored and looked after. I guess I'll have to find an AJS site somewhere to advertise it. It's 8000 miles from its birthplace so not too familiar to the natives here!
i might be interested if it still runs. I'm in SC.

Robert Watson

VOC Member
i might be interested if it still runs. I'm in SC.
He tells me it starts and runs well. I could ask him for a start up video if you are serious. I know he has had it a long while but like all of us these days, getting past some of the follies of youth and realizing it may be time to part with it!

Cyborg

VOC Member
He tells me it starts and runs well. I could ask him for a start up video if you are serious. I know he has had it a long while but like all of us these days, getting past some of the follies of youth and realizing it may be time to part with it!
So is it safe to assume (based on that statement) that you have finally come to your senses? If so, how much do you want for the GB?

Mark Fisher

Non-VOC Member
Can you PM me?