Whatever next?

ClassicBiker

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Merely a political hack trying to demonstrate relevance and ability to solve a problem to a pressure group or political boss. Law enforcement officers have a hard job, one I'm glad they do and I don't have too, but individuals at that level of all professions are more political than those that actually do the job.
Steven

vibrac

VOC Member
It was December 2016 that I first mentioned VNUK on this thread it must be getting serious because the sleepy old ACU has finally realised that the threat is real and motorcycle and motor sport could end for everyman
https://www.acu.org.uk/news/2018/07/the-vnuk-issue-an-update/

The good old EU did its normal trick of raising the issue getting everyone worried then intimating that the issue would not affect sport thus getting everyone to say "it was just scare mongering" forgetting about it and then when time is running out the EU go back to the original intent.

Of course the sporting press and forums (to say nothing about the continent) carry on with their sports insular chit chat thus imitating the deck chair arrangers on the Titanic.

ClassicBiker

VOC Member
Of course, put it out there, let everyone get used to seeing it and ignoring, then when everyone is complacent about its existence....... WHAM! Spring the trap! I've said it before the ultimate goal of all insurance companies is to end all leisure activity that might have the slightest of hint of danger about it. Every activity, regardless of how mundane or innocuous has to have some kind of insurance. If legislators enact laws mandating an activity requires insurance and the underwriters cannot or will not insure then the activity cannot take place. If the attitude of the insurance company(ies) is to abolish an activity they only have to get politicians to go along with the idea that participants need to be insured to participate. Once that is accomplished they merely state their actuaries have concluded coverage is prohibitive, and the politicians are left holding the bag. The pols have look bad until the next shiny object (issue) comes along and a fickle public forgets all about the first issue and moves on to the next.
Steven

vibrac

VOC Member
well in the midst of all the Brexit furor this little Gem has arrived from the EU and its ....
VNUK GOOD NEWS!

there is a good chance that the new comprehensive insurance will not apply to motor sport & competition
This Directive shall not apply to vehicles that are intended exclusively for use in the context of participation in a competitive sport activity, or in related sport activities within a closed area.
Its not in the bag yet and that word "exclusively" brings worries to track days, bike raced but also registered for the road and Trials bikes but there is an 'or' in there as well, Ah well we shall have to see