Whatever next?

vibrac

Well Known and Active Forum User
VOC Member
Its not a place I often visit but I bet there are a few Vincents there. Its a little town called London where soon it will cost you over £12 a day to ride your Vincent, did I see something in MPH?, or the VMCC magazine? or the BMF which we as a club support?
Glad I haven got shares in the Ace cafe consortium -or isthat outside the emissions area?

david bowen

Non-VOC Member
All you London guys should sell your Vincents the market is going to crash ? but the price of the Ace will go up, I think Vincents are better then Bricks and mortar

ossie

VOC Member
theres a joke about a shark just about to devour a poorly squid when great white shark turns up looking for a debt hes owed and the first shark says here,s that sick squid I owe you.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

david bowen

Non-VOC Member
A little city like Singapore has had this system for the last 40 years with great success and every body is happy and the country very wealthy, why would you want to ride a motor cycle in the middle of a city, lets hear something positive for a change, (being so happy keeps some people going ? )

vibrac

VOC Member
This is not intended as a 'cheer up everything is rosey' thread I just point out threats to our pastime when they stop so will this thread
As regards the London charge I would think any owner who lives in London may be interested as would any event organiser

Martyn Goodwin

Non-VOC Member
What "Threats' are you refering to? As I understand it the congestion charge applies to all road users - are you saying that in the past you had a privledged position and did not pay it??? Lets keep things in perspective, you are on about a flea on an elephants backside! The population of London is around 9 million and how many of those ride Vincents within London as a regular thing? 50? 100? Lets say 200 (which I think will be way over the real number) thats 200 out of 9 million or 0.002% Jolly small flea! The Elephant is 125,000 times bigger than it!

Now consider that the VOC is a global association and the globe has a population of around 7.5 Billion - That population of 200 Vincent riders becomes an unmeasurably small flea on the elephant.

Just take the TOTAL Global membership of the VOC - what percentage of them garage their Vincents inside London??? Without even doing the math - I think yet again the flea is bound to be tiny.

Actually I think the bigest threat to our pastime come from those within it. Those who hoard classic bikes of all makes and rarely if ever ride them. So let us have bit less of the negative and something just a wisker more on the positive side promoting the use of our bikes - never know a change of tone may even increase forum use and VOC membership.

vibrac

VOC Member
Virbac tell your local MP your problem , the rest of the Vincent world have there own problems like Irma
David .Dont you think I do? its not my problem its OUR problem. And do you think burying your head in the sand is what the 'rest' of the Vincent world or more importantly the motorcycle world is doing? All the items I have mentioned on this thread from construction modifications, vnuk, compulsory clothing, to restrictions on use,' are threats to riding your Vincent (I can understand disinterest in some cases because at the moment they are safe in Museums). I am an individual member of the BMF, the club contributes and is itself a member of the the BMF and many senior members of our club also also support organisations (at a high level) who try and protect our rights. The VOC has a proud history in supporting rider rights I would not like to see that change. "Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty" is still true.

david bowen

Non-VOC Member
Vibrac , the out side UK would not know who the Bmf is,we look after all our own problems, we are international, we do not try to solve our problems through the UK,

vibrac

VOC Member
Vibrac , the out side UK would not know who the Bmf is,we look after all our own problems, we are international, we do not try to solve our problems through the UK,
I agree with you I would not expect you to. You have your AMC inc (No relation to matchless and AJS:)) in your adopted country http://www.amc.asn.au/web/ I try to only speak on this thread about issues that affect UK but I am sure they have echoes of suppression on other continents so I hope you support AMC